March 21st, 2022
Tackle your finances, and learn how to play the money game.
Our financial counselor, Melissa Mullins, gives her advice on how to stay ahead of the game and be financially empowered.
Did you know?
Be suspicious of:
- Phone calls asking for information
- Sellers asking you to purchase gift cards as payment
- Fraudsters pose as tech support to get information from you
- Romance schemes are growing. Be careful on dating platforms
- Lotto winnings are becoming popular
Stop and think. Don't get caught up in emotion.
- Deadline for Taxes is April 18,2022
- Stay ahead of the game and you'll likely get your refund sooner.
- Don't budget in your tax returns as income, let your return be considered extra funds and you'll be ahead financially.
- Visit Michigan.gov helping hand to check out more resources!
Some stats and tips:
- There are approximately 10 billion job openings in the U.S.
- 7.4 million people are unemployed.
- The first question to ask yourself is, are you seeking out a job to create income?
- Don't base your budget on any unplanned income (tax refund, insurance reimbursement...etc.).
- Round up your budgeting.
- Save, save, save. Even the smallest amounts add up. Monitor your little spending (coffee, lunch, hot lunch programs... etc.).
- Look at EVERY. SINGLE. EXPENSE. You don't always realize how much cash is flowing out.
- Keep a pad of paper in your car, and keep track of your spending that way.
- OR take out cash to match your budget, and only use your debit card for allotted items.
- Explore budgeting options and find what works for you.
- Establish an emergency fund.
- Create saving accounts for different life events (wedding, college, new house) after your emergency fund is established.
More to Explore
How Do I...
To have your paycheck, pension, or Social Security checks safely and automatically deposited directly into your Kalsee account, submit your account information to your employer (they may have a required form, or use ours). Or learn about direct deposit for Social Security.
You'll need to provide Kalsee's routing number (272481855) and your member number.
Don't see your question listed?
Visit our FAQ page.