Getting Started with KALSEE
Credit unions are not-for-profit financial institutions. We’re owned by you, our member. Our mission is to help you achieve personal financial success. Be part of our KALSEE family and keep your money local. The more you credit union, the more you save!
How do I start?
To join KALSEE, visit one of our branch locations in Kalamazoo, Portage, and Battle Creek. Bring with you:
- $1 to deposit to your savings account, securing your share of ownership in the credit union
- Your social security number
- Current valid photo ID with your address
- Phone number
Anyone can join, if you meet one of these:
- You live, work, or are educated in Allegan, Barry, Branch, Calhoun, Cass, Kalamazoo, St. Joseph, or Van Buren County, OR
- If you receive a retirement annuity, pension, social security, or similar retirement payment from private or government sources, and live in, or belong to a retirement organization located in Kalamazoo County or an adjacent county, OR
- If you are an immediate family member of the above mentioned.
KALSEE Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial cooperative owned and operated by its members.
Your initial deposit of $1.00 opens your savings account, and is your share in the credit union. All savings accounts are insured to at least $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration, an agency of the Federal Government. Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA) funds are insured for an additional $250,000. Since 1954, KALSEE Credit Union has prided itself on being a trusted local financial partner and a terrific alternative to for-profit banks in Kalamazoo and Portage. We look forward to assisting you with your financial goals!