Identity Theft Protection with ID Protect
With the alarming growth of identity theft, protecting your identity is one of KALSEE Credit Union’s highest priorities. We offer a REAL, affordable, and very comprehensive identity theft protection service.
IDProtect® is available for all KALSEE members. Identity theft monitoring and resolution service protects you, your joint account holders, and eligible family members! The service is available to non-publicly traded businesses and their business owner(s) listed on the account and their eligible family members (service not available to employees or authorized signers who are not owners). Service is not available to a “signer” on the account who is not an account owner. Service is not available to clubs, organizations and/or churches and their members, schools and their employees/students. For revocable grantor trusts, the service is available only when a grantor is serving as a trustee and covers the grantor trustee(s) and their eligible family members. For all other fiduciary accounts, the service covers the beneficiary, who must be the primary member, and their eligible family members (Fiduciary is not covered). Family includes: Spouse, persons qualifying as domestic partner, and children under 25 years of age and parent(s) of the account holder who are residents of the same household.
- Credit File Monitoring. Credit file monitoring from Equifax and TransUnion will take several days to begin following activation. Registration/Activation Required.
- 3-in-1 Credit Report. Registration/Activation Required.
- Credit Score. Registration/Activation Required.
- Fully Managed Identity Theft Resolution Services.
- Debit and credit card registration.
- Total Identity Monitoring
- An online identity theft news center and valuable phone and website resources. Registration/Activation Required.
- Up to $10,000 identity theft expense reimbursement coverage per incident. Special Insurance Program Notes: The descriptions herein are summaries only. They do not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Please refer to the actual policies for complete details of coverage and exclusions. Insurance is offered through the company named on the certificate of insurance. Refer to Insurance Documents for complete details of coverage. Insurance products are not insured by NCUA or any Federal Government Agency; not a deposit of or guaranteed by the credit union or any credit union affiliate.
Contact any KALSEE office to find out more information on this super comprehensive identity theft protection plan.
What is this new service?
It is a new identity theft monitoring and resolution service provided to eligible account owners and their families by KALSEE. It is powered by IDProtect and provides account owners with identity theft protection services.
What if account owner changes their mind and decide they want the IDProtect® coverage after they’ve waived coverage?
Account owner can establish coverage by communicating directly with KALSEE.
Is there a monthly fee?
For more details, please contact a representative at KALSEE.
Are joint account owners covered?
Yes, joint account owners enjoy the same level of coverage as the primary account owner. Each account owner has up to $10,000 coverage per covered incident.*
* Insurance coverage is provided to all eligible account holders by Financial Institution.
Are family members covered?
Yes, family members (as defined below) enjoy the same level of coverage as account owners. Family includes: Spouse, persons qualifying as a domestic partner under the provisions of any applicable federal, state or local law, children under 25 years of age and parents of such natural persons who are residents of the same household.
If account owner has more than one eligible account, will they be charged monthly fee on each account each month?
Yes, unless they opt-out of some of their accounts.
May account owners prepay their coverage – quarterly, annually?
No, it is paid monthly.
What happens to account owner’s coverage if they close their eligible account?
The coverage ends when the account is closed.
If account owner closes an eligible personal account and opens a non-personal or business account, does the account owner’s coverage remain in force?
No, coverage ends when the personal eligible account is closed.
Can anyone purchase this coverage direct from IDProtect® for the same monthly fee we are offering our account owners?
No, this program was specifically designed for our account owners that we have identified as being eligible for this service.
Does the coverage still apply to account owner and joint account owners if they do not have internet access?
Yes, the internet site provides additional resources, but access to the site is not required to have the coverage.**
** Access to the credit file monitoring product is available online only at: www.IDProtectMe247.com
The service is powered by IDProtect® – who are they and where are they located?
Econ-O-Check Corporation is the provider of the IDProtect® program and they are located at 3 Gresham Landing, Stockbridge, GA 30281. Econ-O-Check has been providing insurance products to financial institutions since 1973.
Does IDProtect® have account owner’s personal information?
Econ-O-Check/IDProtect® does not have account owner’s personal information unless account owner provides it directly to Econ-O-Check. Econ-O-Check performs the mailing for us and handles opt out calls but at no time do they have access to account numbers nor have the ability to charge our account owners.
Who do we contact about IDProtect®?
Account Owners can call the financial institution directly – but if they have questions directly related to the benefits and services or have a claim they can call: IDProtect Service Center® – 1-877-610-7889.